For some years now we are especially concerned with the social commitment becoming part of our day to day at our School. With the purpose of joining efforts in Solidary actions we intend to raise awareness in our students about the importance of sharing, and therefore educate them in empathy creating a concern for the wellbeing of others. For that reason the La Laguna Centre developed the voluntary team of “Social Movement – LKL Solidary Commission” dealing with various social realities and developing activities which benefit the less fortunate, raising social awareness and the Solidarity between the members of all the Educational Community, especially among the future generations.
Since the year 2015 we have been recognised as “Ambassador Centre of the Promotion of Children’s Rights” by the Save the Children organisation, thanks to some of the activities promoted by the Social Movement team.
- Christmas Campaign: collection of non-perishable foods and hygiene products.
- Solidary piggybanks.
- Solidary Christmas Cross: toy collection.
- LK Solidary Breakfast.
- Golden Raffle of the Red Cross.
- Volunteering at Hogar Santa Rita
- End of Term Solidary Cross
- Solidary project in Gambia in collaboration with the Correcaminos Solidarios Tenerife NGO
Every year we get involved with social action entities such as Save the Children, Cáritas, Red Cross, Manos Unidas, Brothers of the White Cross, Hermanos Bethlemitas, social dinners, “Madre del Redentor” shelter in El Sauzal.