In our Arafo Centre we impart all the levels of Primary Education:
- Primary 1st (Direct-grant)
- Primary 2nd (Direct-grant)
- Primary 3rd and 4th (Private)
- Primary 5th and 6th (Private)
The main objective in this stage consists in ensuring that our students acquire the necessary confidence to become more independent every day, in a happy, close and encouraging environment, but overall side by side with professionals committed to the LK Project and the families.
- Monday to Thursday from 08:30 to 13:00 hours and from 15:00 to 17:00 hours.
- Friday from 08:30 to 13:00 hours and from 14:00 to 15:00 hours.
- Dinner: The students at this stage have the dinner service, as well as special diets, in a single turn. During lunchtime the students are supervised by their teachers the entire time, to extend the education and learning of good habits beyond the classrooms.
- Permanence: We offer a permanence service outside teaching-time, which would be, from 07:30 to 08:30 in the mornings and from 17:00 to 18:00 hours in the evenings, from Monday to Thursdays, and from 15:00 to 17:00 hours on Fridays.
Following the trend created in Infant, at the stage of Primary Education we also support an open and flexible methodology, where the competing aspects of the student are promoted. The resources at this stage are varied, being more manipulative in the first courses and more abstract as they progress.
In the same way as in Infant, Primary has a great quantity of material elaborated by the teachers themselves to impart their classes. This way we encourage teamwork, project works, as well as the competences of the students in general. The new technologies are present in every subject, working the digital competence, which is so necessary nowadays.
Our Centre supports the use of English in the Social and Natural Science and Art&Craft subjects, as well as the English language subject. In the same way, our efforts to improve in this language, all the levels of this stage have various weekly sessions of English workshop where they can improve their auditory skills (Listening and talking).
In the same way, by Primary 4th we initiate the approximation to the second foreign language in a curricular manner: German or French.
The afterschool activities of Primary Education are essential for the harmonic development of the students. They already have clear preferences between a discipline and another.
Our students enjoy a range of afterschool activities both cultural and sportive: Basketball, Karate, Multisport, Chess, Aloha Mental Arithmetic, Yoga, Introduction to music and Robotics..
Within teaching time our students also enjoy another series of activities destined to developing their formation, aside from the strictly academic. In the Primary stage we try to offer interesting activities each course, which stimulate the interest for the society which surrounds them and we encourage them to leave the classroom to participate in it; activities in contact with nature, visits, theatres, Christmas festivals, Carnival and Day of the Canary Islands, storytelling, cooking workshop, zumba workshop, visits to organisms and institutions, etc.